On September 15 yesterday, PocketDol Studio as the agency girl group DIA announced that the group's exclusive contract will officially end on Saturday, September 17, 2022. They said, "DIA's exclusive contract with the company will expire on September 17 after 7 years of activities." 

In their official statement, PocketDol also said, "We would like to thank the fans who have given DIA their constant love and support, and we ask for your unchanging warm concern and support for the members who will make a new start on the road. themselves. We will also sincerely support the members' future."

On the same day, E-Daily reported on an exclusive interview with DIA 's Yebin after the group's disbandment was announced. Yebin shared, "I still don't feel like our promotions are over. I hope DIA will be remembered as a group that always shines on stage." The 1997-born girl expressed her sadness, "To be honest, I still can't believe it. 

I go to our fan cafe several times a day to check the fans' reactions and read the members' handwritten farewell letters. I cry because I feel empty and emotional." He also confessed that he never imagined that DIA would disband, "I didn't think about the end of our activities when I debuted. 

I never imagined what disbandment would be like. I just thought it was something that had nothing to do with us." He continued, "I hope the fans are not too sad. I want them to see that we are working hard on our individual activities. We are still DIA and AID in the future, so I will appreciate it if you continue to support us." 

Yebin also revealed that the DIA members promised to reunite and perform as a group when a good opportunity presents itself in the future. DIA herself debuted as a seven-member girl group in 2015 and became popular by releasing various songs such as 'Somehow,' 'My Friend's Boyfriend,' 'On That Road,' 'Mr. Potter,' 'Will You Date Me,' 'Woo Woo,' and 'I'll Cover You.'

Two DIA members, Jung Chaeyeon and Ki Heehyun also attracted attention through their appearance on Mnet's 2016 audition show 'Produce 101.' On September 14, which coincided with the 7th anniversary of DIA's debut, the group released group photos and handwritten letters that touched fans' hearts through their official SNS and fan cafe. The group conveyed their sincere feelings through the letter, 

writing things like "Thank you to AID (DIA fans) for being by our side for 7 years", "We will definitely repay you in various ways", and "Thank you. much for the love you have given me." Meanwhile, on September 14, DIA released their last album, 'Rooting For You.' The previously scheduled farewell stage was inevitably canceled due to Jung Chaeyeon's serious injury. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post