One of the members of the South Korean boy group, TO1, namely Chan, recently became a hot topic of public discussion because he once used a head accessory, namely a durag , when he appeared as a performer at the KCON 2022 event which took place in Los Angeles, United States.

Launching from the Soompi media on Friday August 4, 2023, Chan from the boy group TO1 has personally written an apology for his actions that allegedly insulted culture by wearing a head accessory, namely, a durag at KCON 2022 which was held in LA last year.

On Thursday, August 3, 2023 Chan took to Instagram Stories to apologize in English and Korean for wearing a durag during boy group TO1's performance at KCON 2022 LA, which took place in August last year. The apology on his official Instagram account, namely, @1riwababa is as follows.

"Hello, this is Cho Chan Hyuk. I want to sincerely apologize to everyone who was offended by my outfit for the special appearance at KCON 2022 LA." Said the male idol born in 1999. He further shared, "After the incident, I have been pondering how to express my words to express my sincere condolences to those I may have hurt. I apologize for my late apology." 

Not to forget, Chan also revealed that the reason behind him wearing durag accessories was solely to show my utmost respect for Hip-Hop culture. Chan also explained that he did not fully understand that what he was doing was inappropriate. This young rapper also said that he did not intend to offend anyone. He also promised to become a more mature artist in the future.

"I have absolutely no intention to offend or demean anyone or any culture. I have worn the durag several times, both on and off stage, and now I realize that I did not pay enough attention to the seriousness of this matter. I will take my chances it's to pay more attention to issues related to diversity and respect and to become a more mature artist." 

Chan said ending his apology. Meanwhile, Chan or Cho Chan Hyuk is a South Korean rapper and producer under WAKEONE Entertainment. Chan is a member of the boy group TO1. On September 18, 2021, Chan released his first mixtape entitled 'Moth' under the name Iri.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post