Actor Jang Ki Yong finally returns to the small screen for the first time in three years through the latest Korean drama by JTBC station entitled ' The Atypical Family '. 'The Atypical Family' is a fantasy romance genre drama adapted from a popular webtoon.

This drama tells the story of Bok Gwi Joo (played by Jang Ki Yong), a man who has superpowers but loses his abilities due to chronic illness. Bok Gwi Joo's life changed after meeting Do Da Hae (played by Chun Woo Hee).

This drama attracted attention long before its release because it was Jang Ki Yong's latest project after completing his military service. The actor enlisted as an active soldier in August 2021 and completed his mandatory military service in February last year.

Before undergoing military service, Jang Ki Yong starred in the drama 'Now, We Are Breaking Up' with Song Hye Kyo. “Looking back at my 20s, I was very busy. I took a necessary break for the first time in a year and a half. 

"Returning to work after serving in the military, I felt stability," said Jang Ki Yong as quoted from KBIZoom,  Friday May 3, 2024. Regarding changes after the military break, the actor shared, “At that time, I felt like I was being chased by something and I was always in a rush. 

For the first time, I felt peace in my mind while preparing for this drama. I spend my time more slowly and relaxed.” Jang Ki Yong is an actor who is very selective in choosing drama projects. He also explained the reason he chose 'The Atypical Family' as his comeback drama. “The script is very interesting. 

"I feel like I can show an unexpected appearance through this drama," said the actor who was born on August 7, 1992. 'The Atypical Family' is a drama worth waiting for because of its fresh story idea, and Jang Ki Yong's chemistry with Chun Woo Hee which thrills viewers. This drama will air on May 4, 2024, every Saturday and Sunday at 22.30 KST.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post