Jung Woo returns to the small screen through the Netflix drama, A Model Family. In the crime thriller drama, the actor gets caught in a big problem after making one wrong choice. A Model Family tells the story of Dong Ha (Jung Woo), an ordinary man who works hard to support his small family. However, his job as a part-time instructor at a university did not go well.

This makes Dong Ha faced with bankruptcy and divorce from his wife. One day in the midst of his confusion, he finds a car containing a bag full of money and the bodies of two unknown men. The discovery got him involved in the trouble of a criminal gang. At a recent press conference, Jung Woo admitted that he gained up to 4 kilograms of weight to explore his role. 

His role this time is very different from the characters he previously played. "I lost about 4 kilograms to show the side of Dong Ha who is an ordinary person," said Jung Woo. "I played the role of an ordinary citizen several times, but Dong Ha faced an extreme situation and kept changing throughout the story. I was attracted to the double side he had," he continued.

Jung Woo also admitted that he faced a number of difficulties while starring in A Model Family. Especially when he is dealing with extreme scenes. "In one scene, I had to dig the ground with my bare hands. When I read the script I thought the scene would not be difficult," explained Jung Woo.

"But because Dong Ha was faced with an extreme condition both physically and mentally, things turned out to be not easy. And because I was constantly being chased, I remember very well how I fell to catch my breath after taking that scene," he concluded. A Model Family is now available on streaming platform Netflix.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post