Actress Chun Woo Hee recently revealed the efforts she made and the difficulties in playing the 8th Floor in the Netflix series ' The 8 Show '. 'The 8 Show' tells the story of 8 people who were invited to appear on the reality show Money Game. These 8 people have to live in a secret room which is divided into 8 floors. 

If they are able to survive for 100 days, they can split the prize of 44.8 billion won equally. In this series, Chun Woo-hee plays the role of Floor 8, a free-spirited and unpredictable person. Floor 8 is the highest floor in the building and the highest grade, where players receive 340,000 won per minute and 20.4 million won per hour. 

Initially, IU was attracted to play the role of Floor 8. However, IU withdrew from the project due to her busy schedule so Chun Woo Hee joined and took over the role. "I'm very worried about this character. I hope people don't hate him too much, but I know this is not a character that can attract empathy," said Chun Woo Hee as quoted by KBIZoom on Sunday May 26, 2024.

She added, “Simply put, he is a person who does not need a narrative. These characters do not show relationships between people or emotions and feelings.” Regarding Floor 8, Chun Woo Hee said that the character is the person who best understands the organizer's intentions.

“The organizers want to capture the stimulation that arises from betrayal and conflict. I think Floor 8 just instinctively knew his intentions. "This character would be very annoying if he had intentions but he participates in the show just for fun and enjoyment," he said.

After receiving the script, Chun Woo Hee thought about untying her hair and enjoying the play properly. “I wanted to express my character without disturbing the overall storyline. "This project had more restrictions because 8 people shared one space, so I needed to change my expressions a lot," she added.

When asked about difficulties during filming, Chun Woo Hee answered, “It's not easy to have fun while watching someone suffer. I also realized that I am not a strong person. I acted with the determination to put my whole mind and heart into the character.” Meanwhile, 'The 8 Show' was released on May 17, 2024 and can be watched on Netflix.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post