Yuna is one of the third generation K-pop idols who has received attention. Every time she releases a song with ITZY, her appearance often goes viral on social media. Behind her success with ITZY, Yuna recently revealed the fact that she almost didn't debut with the group. 

She admitted that she wasn't even a member who was planned to debut with ITZY in 2019. “When I was a trainee, I trained hard for my debut. At JYP Entertainment, all trainees get a report card at the end of the month,” Yuna said on Radio Star .

“You can check the trainee rankings on the card. I never got the top ranking, but the other ITZY members were consistently in the top 10,” she continued. When she found out that her name was not included in ITZY's initial plan, the youngest member felt stressed because she had been training for three years.

“It was very frustrating. At that time, I said to myself, “I’ve been training for three years. Maybe it’s time to end it. Do I quit?” he said. Yuna was also chosen as the last member to debut with ITZY after Yeji, Ryujin, Lia, and Chaeryeong.

"After I was chosen, I kept getting stressed because I felt like I wasn't on the same level as the other really good members. I'm not lying. I still feel that way, the pressure of not being as good as them," he admitted. “I admit that singing ITZY songs is hard. I feel sorry for the ITZY members who have to sing the high notes. 

So my goal is to get more parts in our songs this year,” she said. After releasing their new album, ITZY is scheduled to go on a world tour this month and then continue to Asia, Australia, North America, and Europe. They will go with four members because Lia is still on hiatus.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post