Three-time world champion Jorge Lorenzo ended his MotoGP racing career in 2019. However, he sometimes remembers moments when he competed in the world's best motorcycle racing event. One of them was when his former teammate, Marc Marquez, won the 2024 Aragon GP.

" I was there and saw the guys chasing my younger guys and Marc celebrating the victory with his team, after that I realized that I would not feel this moment again, " said Lorenzo, as reported by the GPOne page. Jorge Lorenzo has long been considered one of the best riders in MotoGP history with 3 titles he has won. 

Not only that, he also has quite a lot of experience with various types of motorbikes, 3 teams have been his home, namely Yamaha, Ducati, Honda. Unfortunately, the Spanish racer admitted that he did not enjoy each of his victories because he was too focused on preparing for the next race.

 " When I started racing in the World Championship, I would win and be on the podium, but I never celebrated because I was thinking about the next race.  It was only in 2015 that I started doing that (celebration) and sometimes Marc would join in, " he added. 

As time went by, he realized that every victory needed to be celebrated because it could be his last victory or his last podium. Lorenzo is known to have last won a race at the 2018 Austrian GP, ​​before a serious accident at the Dutch GP convinced him to retire.

Previously, Lorenzo admitted that he was happy living without racing, but for the first time in his five-year absence from MotoGP, he felt nostalgic for the moments when he was still active. " This is the first year where I feel a bit nostalgic for my racing past. Four or five years ago, I was very happy and proud to live without racing, but now I miss it, " he said.

After retiring, Lorenzo decided to take a real break from racing without taking on important roles like some other riders who chose to become test riders (Dani Pedrosa and Aleix Espargaro). He is more active as a commentator or resource person on TV shows, especially motorcycle racing sports shows.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post