Jessi is one of the Korean artists who openly underwent plastic surgery. The singer who was born in New York, United States, now tells the reason for changing the shape of her face to the point of addiction. Previously in 2015, Jessi made a confession about plastic surgery procedures on the television show Happy Together 3. 

The ZOOM singer admitted to having changed her breasts, eyelids, and nose. Jessi also did not feel embarrassed to tell the public. "Why should I hide it? I've paid for it and done it for a long time," Jessi said, as reported by allkpop.

Jessi is now more open about her reasons for undergoing plastic surgery. It is due to agency pressure to appear perfect as a singer. The owner of the real name Ho Hyun Joo initially changed the shape of her nose to make it look sharper. The impact, Jessi began to get addicted because she realized her face was not perfect.

"When I first had plastic surgery, I had a nose job, I changed the shape of it. But after I did it, I started to see all the flaws in my face. And that's when I started to change things." "So, before that, I wasn't insecure. I started to be insecure after I had plastic surgery, and that's when I lost control," Jessi said in the recently aired Apple TV+ documentary K-Pop Idols.

After changing the shape of her nose, Jessi did lip fillers to boost her confidence. She did the procedure several times until she was satisfied. And slowly, Jessi realized that her face had changed too much because of criticism from netizens.

"When I first got lip fillers, I loved them. They were just the right size. Then I started overdoing it. When I realized the truth, everyone was like, 'Wow. That looks really weird.' And I realized it. My lips are weird." However, Jessi is not completely against plastic surgery procedures. She reminded people to change their face and body shape because of their own will.

"I believe that beautifying yourself is okay. When you want to do it and when someone forces you to do it, it's a different thing." We have to know the limits, you know? And it's very difficult, honestly, because once you start doing plastic surgery, little by little, you keep finding flaws in yourself and it's very difficult to control."

A clip of Jessi's story from the viral Apple TV+ documentary was shared on TikTok. The video, uploaded by TikTok account @soojinswife23 on Sunday September 1, 2024, has received more than 60.9 thousand likes and 120 comments. Not a few KPop fans praised Jessi's honesty after sharing her experience of plastic surgery.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post