South Korean actor Song Kang revealed a surprising fact: He admitted to having received a casting offer to play a K-pop idol. Recently, Song Kang appeared as a guest on the tvN variety show "You Quiz on the Block." 

He reminisced about his time before and after his acting debut, and his rise to fame in the entertainment industry. Blessed with handsome visuals, Song Kang was also noticed by the casting team of a KPop entertainment agency while studying at Konkuk University.

Upon hearing Song Kang's confession, You Quiz on the Block host Yoo Jae Suk immediately praised his good looks. He said Song Kang would be "suited for the center position" if he eventually debuted in a K-pop group.

However, Song Kang had personal reasons for turning down the offer to become a K-pop idol. Besides focusing on pursuing an acting career, the Konkuk University Film Arts graduate also "can't sing or dance."

When Song Kang revealed his decision to pursue acting, his parents also had mixed reactions. His mother, seeing her son as an introvert, questioned his choice to become an actor, given his public presence.

Meanwhile, Song Kang's father openly supported him, eventually enrolling him in an acting academy. "My mom said, 'What acting? You're an introvert. Just learn a skill.' On the other hand, my dad told me to just try it if I liked it," Song Kang recalled, as reported by Koreaboo.

His time studying acting is filled with many memories. Song Kang remembers having to act in front of other students. He was so embarrassed, he kept laughing. 

"Every time I come home, I wonder if I should keep doing this. But I don't want to give up," he added. His determination and hard work finally paid off in 2019. The Korean drama Love Alarm successfully catapulted his name. 

Song Kang was selected as the main actor after passing the audition, and beating out 900 other participants. "I thought someone else was going to get the role. I was at the dermatologist when I got the call. 

It was the first time my heart had really started racing. I was so happy when I walked home." Following the popularity of Love Alarm, Song Kang was again chosen as the lead actor in the Korean drama Sweet Home. 

The actor decided to repay his parents for their immense support. "I bought my dad a car. It felt great. I also gave my parents some pocket money. I thought I should do better and take better care of them," he concluded.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post