NCT 127's leader, Taeyong, recently shared his competitive experiences during his trainee days. In an episode of the YouTube program 'Sul Bitneun Yoon Jumo' that aired on August 28, 2026, Taeyong revealed that he saw around 300 trainees come and go before finally debuting.

During the conversation, host Yoon Jumo recalled his experience on 'Culinary Class Wars,' where contestants gradually dropped out of the competition, leaving him the only one left in the waiting room. 

Taeyong compared the experience to his trainee days, where he and his teammates had to compete fiercely. "We're always in a competitive position, but I think a real survival program definitely feels different," Taeyong said. 

He continued, "However, when I was a trainee, it always felt like survival too." Taeyong then recalled some of the people he saw training with during those years. “I estimated, and I remember about 300 trainees coming and going,” he said. 

Hearing that number, Yoon Jumo looked surprised and asked if he really meant there were around 300 trainees during that period. He then joked that Taeyong’s experience explained why he tends to approach things with logic rather than emotion. 

Taeyong's comments provide a rare glimpse into the competitive environment he experienced before debut, where trainees routinely competed for opportunities while facing uncertainty about whether they would make the final lineup.

Meanwhile, NCT 127 just released their latest album entitled 'Bling' on August 24, 2026. This album managed to enter the top 10 on the iTunes Top Albums chart in 26 regions worldwide shortly after its release.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post