Former Enhypen member, Heeseung (Evan), for the first time told about his struggle against cancer that he had when he was a child. Evan, whose real name is Lee Hee-seung, was diagnosed with malignant lymphoma when he was in fourth grade, at the age of 10. 

Malignant lymphoma is a type of blood cancer that occurs when certain white blood cells become abnormal and grow uncontrollably. "I kept coughing, and at first I thought it was just a cold and didn't think much of it, but then when I was playing soccer, I took four or five steps and suddenly couldn't breathe. 

I only found out at the hospital that it was cancer," Evan said in an interview with Weverse Magazine on Wednesday (September 9, 2026). The treatment he had to undergo at that time was a difficult experience for Evan. However, he tried to remain strong, seeing his mother's continued efforts to care for him. 

"But when I saw how my mother cared for me relentlessly, I wanted to put on a brave face for her," he added. Evan said his experience of being hospitalized during his cancer battle left him with painful memories. 

He admitted to feeling devastated when he saw several friends he had met during his treatment die from cancer. After completing treatment and returning to school, Evan became a victim of bullying due to his hairlessness following chemotherapy. 

The 24-year-old admitted that this experience was one of the reasons he chose to remain quiet about his cancer battle for years. "I haven't thought about it in a long time. It hurts to talk about it again," Evan concluded.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post