IU and Lee Jong Suk are officially dating. Apparently before this news was finally leaked to the public, the two had spent time together in Japan. Dispatch reported that IU and Lee Jong Suk spent Christmas together in Nagoya, Japan. They are called celebrating Christmas and vacationing together away from the camera glare at a luxury resort there. 

It is said that Lee Jong Suk himself planned the trip. In the same report, Lee Jong Suk was not alone with IU in Japan. This can be seen from several members of the IU family who seem to follow along. IU and her sister reportedly arrived in Japan first, then Lee Jong Suk prepared a pick-up for them at the airport. IU and Lee Jong Suk's closeness has been established for a long time. 

The two of them hosted SBS Inkigayo a few years ago. The family already knows the special relationship that happened between the two. IU came to sing at Lee Jong Suk's younger brother's wedding earlier this year. The relationship between Lee Jong Suk and IU's younger brother is also quite close, because he is comfortable inviting him to spend Christmas together in Japan. 

Suspicions about Lee Jong Suk's relationship with someone special started with his winning speech at the 2022 MBC Drama Awards. At the awards ceremony later that year, Lee Jong Suk took home the grand prize (daesang) for his performance in the drama Big Mouth. In his victory speech, Lee Jong Suk mentioned a special person who helped him get over the worries after military service.

"After completing my military service, I had a lot of worries, fears, and bad feelings creeping up on me. At that time there was someone who helped me to find a good direction as a human being and think about positive things. I wanted to convey something to that person in this opportunity. 

I want to tell that person that I thank you for doing something good, that I liked him for a long time, and I respect and appreciate him very much," said Lee Jong Suk. It didn't stop there, he then mentioned that this person had brought many changes for him. He also claimed to be a better person after dealing with that person. The one she referred to in the speech is now known to be IU. 

IU and Lee Jong Suk have been active in the entertainment industry for a long time. The two even hosted the SBS Inkigayo music show together. So that the friendship between them lasted long enough until they finally announced they were dating. "Relating with that person made me think, I have to be more diligent than before. Or I have to be a better person than before. 

I spend a lot of time reflecting on my past. I will work hard in the future to become a better person ," he continued. Because of that speech, people speculated that Lee Jong Suk already had a girlfriend. Until finally Dispatch released an exclusive article and reported that Lee Jong Suk and IU were dating. Lee Jong Suk's management later confirmed this news.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post