Jang Geun Suk shares an update after undergoing thyroid cancer surgery. The actor nicknamed Asia Prince has been battling his illness for the past year. Now Jang Geun Suk has a new desire to achieve in life. Since being diagnosed with thyroid cancer in October 2023, Jang Geun Suk has kept his illness a secret and fought alone. 

He first revealed his illness to the public after successfully undergoing thyroid cancer surgery. On Friday August 16, 2024, Jang Geun Suk made a surprising confession through video content on his YouTube channel. "I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last year. I didn't want you to worry. 

That's why I didn't tell you. Fortunately, the surgery went well," Jang Geun Suk said in his YouTube video caption. In the video upload, Jang Geun Suk has not been able to open his mouth properly after thyroid cancer surgery. He revealed his plan to vacation in Jeju. Two weeks later, Jang Geun Suk held a live broadcast to share the latest news with fans. 

In addition to flying to Jeju, the Korean drama star Love Rain also spent his vacation in Aomori, Japan with two of his friends, actor Ha Suk Jin and interior designer Lim Sung Bin. Now Jang Geun Suk has a new desire after recovering from thyroid cancer. He wants to try traveling alone. The 37-year-old actor also realized that his life time feels short. 

"I'm not usually the type of person who likes to travel abroad, but after the surgery, I understand why people love traveling so much.  This year, I want to try traveling alone," said Jang Geun Suk. "After going through the illness, when I recovered, I realized how little time I had left. Isn't that ironic? There's not much time. 

So I think instead of worrying less, I'm not going to worry at all and do what I want," he continued. Jang Geun Suk began his career as a child model at the age of five. The actor rose to fame in the early 2000s after starring in the Korean drama You're Beautiful alongside Park Shin Hye.

He also contributed to spreading the Korean wave with his appearances in several Korean dramas such as Mary Stayed Out All Night, Love Rain, and Bel Ami. Jang Geun Suk is also synonymous as the host of the survival show Produce 101 which debuted IOI.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post