Andrew Garfield shares his experience of grieving the loss of a loved one. His mother, Lynn Garfield, passed away in 2019 from pancreatic cancer. In a video interview released on the Sesame Street YouTube channel, Andrew Garfield discusses how he has been thinking about his mother a lot lately.

In this show aimed at children, Andrew Garfield reveals his feelings after his mother's passing and emphasizes that it is normal to grieve for the people we love. The actor said that the feelings of sadness and mourning over the loss of someone actually indicate the love they once shared.

" You know, sadness is actually a gift. In a beautiful way, it shows how much you really love someone when you miss them. When I miss someone, I automatically think of them ," said Andrew Garfield, quoted from MovieWeb on Saturday October 19, 2024.

He added, " When I miss my mom, I remember all the hugs she used to give me, and how each of them made me feel close to her, even in a way that's hard to explain. So, I'm grateful for all the memories of my mom, for the happiness she gave me, my siblings, my father, and everyone who knew her ."

" When I miss him, I remember that it's because he made me so happy. So, I can celebrate his life while still missing him ," she said again. The Amazing Spider-Man star is known for his focus on spreading positive influence to the world.

The statement he made provides a valuable life lesson that can be understood by children and adults, that not all tragedies are only seen from the negative side. Andrew Garfield recently appeared as Tobias in the film We Live in Time, also starring Florence Pugh. 

Pugh's character, Almut, is diagnosed with terminal ovarian cancer, a harsh reality that is highlighted in the film. Directed by John Crowley,  We Live in Time  presents a touching romance story between Andrew Garfield and Florence Pugh whose chemistry is so strong.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post