Almost a year after hiatus, Seunghan was announced to be back in action with the group RIIZE. SM Entertainment released a new statement to fans of the group known as BRIIZE. Seunghan was decided to go on hiatus after past photos before his debut circulated on social media. 

Seunghan who was seen kissing a woman caused controversy among the public. "As fans know, it has been 10 months since Seunghan took a hiatus from group activities due to issues with his personal life before his debut. Seunghan realizes that his actions were wrong and he is reflecting on them and feels sorry towards his members and fans," SM Entertainment said on Friday, October 11, 2024.

"We also realize that Seunghan's past actions were not worthy of an artist, which is why it took us a long time to discuss when he would resume activities. Because there was no announcement about Seunghan, fans became worried and we empathize with those feelings," they explained.

The agency apologized for taking so long to decide on Seunghan's return. They discussed the future of the group with the staff and members repeatedly. Seunghan will resume activities with RIIZE starting in November 2024. "Even during the hiatus, Seunghan has consistently built his skills and he still has a lot to show. 

Once again, we apologize for causing confusion and difficulty to fans who have watched RIIZE grow," he said. On the same day, Seunghan also wrote an open letter to fans who sent him support. He apologized and thanked them for waiting for him for a year. 

“First, I want to apologize to the members and fans. When the photos from before my debut were released, even though they were photos of me, I felt regret and disappointment in myself. Even though I felt that way, I couldn’t imagine how the members and fans felt,” Seunghan wrote.

“You must be angry, shocked, disappointed. I apologize to the fans who supported us from the beginning, a crucial time and were hurt by my actions. I also feel sorry for the members who we should have worked with but I stopped my activities. 

I apologize to everyone who had to go through that situation,” he continued. During his hiatus, Seunghan received support from the members even though he wondered if he would be able to return to music. "I am determined to work hard and do better because of the trust they have given me. 

I will be a responsible member and not tarnish the achievements that members have made. I want to be an important figure for RIIZE," he said. RIIZE itself has just finished its first tour by holding a concert in Seoul, South Korea. They also released their first concert film titled RIIZING DAY which aired worldwide.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post