NewJeans' Hanni has expressed her intention to comply with the National Assembly's summons and attend the state audit regarding workplace bullying. On the evening of October 9, 2024, Hanni said on NewJeans' fan communication platform Phoning, "I have decided. I will go to the National Assembly. I will attend the state audit alone."

She added, "You don't have to worry! I'm doing this for myself and the members. And for Bunnies, I decided to go there for Bunnies." Hanni then said, "The managers and the company don't know yet. I've thought about it a lot, but I think my decision to leave is the right one. I wanted to tell Bunniea first."

She continued, "I'm not sure what will come out of this experience, but I think it will be a learning experience for me. That's why I want to go. I will protect NewJeans and Bunnies." Hanni claimed that she was bullied within the agency, saying that the manager of girl group ILLIT, which is affiliated with Belift Lab (a label under HYBE), told her to “ignore me.” 

Belift Lab denied this based on CCTV footage and an investigation into the person in question. As the controversy grew, Hanni was selected as a reference for the state audit, and Kim Joo Young, the new CEO of ADOR, was selected as a witness on the same day.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post