Seunghan officially announced his departure from RIIZE on Sunday October 13, 2024. The decision came two days after Seunghan was said to be preparing to return to group activities after a 10-month hiatus. 

The news of Seunghan's departure from the boy group RIIZE came after the public criticized Seunghan and Wizard Production's move to return to being active as an idol starting next November 2024.

"Hello, I'm Seunghan. I know many people are thinking seriously about my return to activities, and I also realize how serious the situation is right now. I've been thinking a lot about it so far," Seunghan opened. "I don't want to cause chaos for the members and the company. 

I don't know if it's really okay for me to be with the group RIIZE that is supposed to be loved. When I think about it, only worries and fears come to mind." "So I think leaving the team is the way for everyone. I don't want to cause more confusion and hurt fans, and I don't want any further damage to either the members or the company," Seunghan said. 

Seunghan also expressed his gratitude to all parties who have always supported him, especially the company and the six other members who gave him the opportunity to rejoin. 

In a handwritten letter uploaded to the fan community page, Seunghan also emphasized that he did not want the support of fans who are familiarly called BRIIZE to be damaged because of him. He hopes that RIIZE can be loved again in the future. 

In November 2023, SM ENTERTAINMENT as the agency had announced Seunghan's hiatus from RIIZE until an unspecified time. Seunghan requested a break for himself due to mental stress which was immediately approved by the agency. The agency also made several accusations against Seunghan until the musician decided to go on hiatus. 

Most of the accusations contained photos, videos, and controversial comments from Seunghan when he was still a trainee that were leaked on the internet. Thus, RIIZE will continue with a six-member formation, namely Shotaro, Seungchan, Eunseok, Wonbin, Anton, and Sohee.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post