Zayn Malik announced the postponement of his solo concert tour in the United States following a moment of mourning for the death of Liam Payne in Argentina on Wednesday October 16, 2024. The tour titled Stairway to the Sky will be postponed for several days before the concert in San Francisco on Wednesday October 23, 2024.

"In light of the devastating loss I experienced this week, I have decided to postpone the US leg of my Stairway to the Sky tour," Zayn wrote in X on Sunday October 20, 2024. The musician explained that the upcoming tour will be rescheduled with an estimated date of January 2025. 

He also promised to announce the latest schedule in the coming days. The father of one also ensured that the concert tickets that had been purchased would remain valid until the next new date. In his message, Zayn thanked the audience and fans who understood his decision.

"The date has been rescheduled for January and I will let him know as soon as everything is finalized in the next few days," Zayn said. The Stairway to the Sky tour will open in the US in October 2024. Zayn Malik will kick off his tour in San Francisco before heading to several other cities, such as Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Washington, and New York.

Zayn also plans to continue the tour to the UK until early December 2024. Meanwhile, Liam Payne reportedly died after falling from the third floor balcony of a hotel in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on Wednesday October 16, 2024. 

The One Direction member reportedly suffered serious and fatal injuries, causing him to die on the spot. Liam Payne's death also left deep sorrow for Zayn Malik and the other three members of One Direction. 

Each musician wrote a message of condolence on social media, including Zayn who shared his togetherness with Liam in an open letter. He expressed his sadness and regret for not having the chance to thank Liam for his support while he was still an active member of One Direction. 

"I never got the chance to thank you enough for all the support you gave me during the most difficult times in my life," Zayn Malik said. "When I was homesick when I was 17, you were always there with a reassuring smile and told me you were my friend and I was loved," he continued.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post