South Korean singer and actor, Im Siwan recently took the time for an interview after releasing his new film ' Emergency Declaration '. Quoting Soompi on Wednesday August 10, 2022, 'Emergency Declaration' is a new disaster film about an unprecedented disaster that arises when a terrorist threat is made to an oncoming flight. 

The film is studded with stars including Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun, Im Siwan, Kim Nam Gil, Jeon Do Yeon, Park Hae Joon, and Kim So Jin. After 'Emergency Declaration' hit theaters, moviegoers praised Im Siwan's enthusiastic appearance and especially his impressive facial expression. When asked how the preparation was, Im Siwan replied, “I didn't prepare anything in particular. 

I think if I approach Jin Seok's role as an 'abnormal' character, contradictions arise from that point on. I started to think about what motives might drive someone to commit such a major incident. Maybe it's some kind of noble experimental spirit." When asked about the most memorable comment he received, Im Siwan replied, “I remember a comment saying that my eyes look crazy. 

I took it as a compliment and moviegoers saw my character well.”  He added with a laugh, “My eyes don't usually look that crazy. I think they look like that because of the lighting.” Im Siwan also shared about speaking English for the role, "I've never heard that my English pronunciation is bad after the film's release, so I feel satisfied."

When asked how he understood Jin Seok's terrorist role, Im Siwan commented, “I always look for justifications when acting.  However, Jin Seok's character is like a blank paper without a narration. Since there is nothing, I feel I have the freedom to fill in this blank paper myself.” 

He continued, “I tend to have a hard time if I can't understand the characters myself, so I try to exclude such projects. But because my role in the 'Emergency Declaration' has no justification whatsoever, I feel that freedom." Meanwhile, the film 'Emergency Declaration' has officially surpassed 1 million moviegoers at the box office on August 6, 2022. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post