Not long ago, Vogue followed GOT7 's Jackson Wang preparations behind the scenes at the Head in the Clouds Festival. On the sidelines of his preparations, Jackson shared with Vogue about how he was dealing with depression behind his success in the entertainment world.

Launching koreaboo, Jackson, who has just released his latest solo album, 'MAGIC MAN,' admitted that before that he was never satisfied with his own achievements. He revealed, "I've never been satisfied with myself in my entire life, no matter what I do. And I think this album (MAGIC MAN) is the first time I feel that it's good enough. 

I've never felt this difficult in my life." Before Jackson got to where he is now, he had time to reflect on the years he had spent as an idol and how it impacted him mentally until he fell into depression. Jackson then implied that life as a very busy K-Pop artist made him feel lost, "And I've been in this industry for eight, nine years. 

To the point that I'm lost, and everything feels like a loop." He also revealed that he became very depressed when constantly faced with so many tasks. She said, "You know, (my day) just sticks to one thing after another, one schedule after another. I'm so depressed." After years of living under stress, Jackson Wang finally decided to get up and leave his depression behind. He realized that he had to put himself first. 

She said, "I felt like, 'Whoever I am, whatever I am, I want (to) just leave it and start something new. And I want to be myself for a while.' You know? 100% being myself and being honest with the audience, letting them know who I really am." Now, GOT7's Jackson feels that he is living to be himself instead of what others expect him to be, "I may not be perfect, you know? 

Not everyone may like me. But at least if you like me, if you support me (which now), means you guys support the real Jackson." That's how Jackson coped with the depression that he still felt months ago. Hopefully in the future, Jackson GOT7 can continue to feel happy and be able to freely express himself through the works he creates.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post