Park So Dam was sentenced to have thyroid cancer in 2021. At that time, she was in the middle of filming for the film Phantom. In an interview ahead of the broadcast of Phantom, Park So Dam revealed the difficulties when he had to go through filming while sick. At that time, he still forced himself even though he felt his health was getting worse.

"While undergoing filming, I didn't know my body was in pain. I just felt tired. That was the first time I was afraid to go to the shooting location," said Park So Dam. "I think my body is sending signals, but I just think it's a mental issue. I really feel sorry for the director and the seniors. After finishing filming, I cried because I felt guilty," he continued. 

Even at one point, Park So Dam almost lost his voice which made him almost fail to do a voice recording. So, he admitted that he was very afraid to watch the full version of Phantom. "While waiting for the biopsy results, I did a voice recording for Phantom. At that time I was in a bad state and almost lost my voice," explained Park So Dam. 

"If I'm a little late, I might not be able to record," he added. At the end of the interview, Park So Dam also revealed his current condition. He admits that little by little he is recovering. "My health has started to recover, and I'm grateful that lately I can meet many people and greet them in my own voice," said Park So Dam.

"Even though I feel much better, my skin is messed up due to hormonal imbalance. When I go to pilates five or six times a week, I find my body flow again. But my stamina is still not back to what it used to be. Compared to last year, I feel happier now ," he concluded. The Phantom film will open in theaters on January 18, 2023.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post