The popularity of the Korean drama The Glory has not only catapulted the names of its main players but has also succeeded in raising the names of new actors such as Kim Gun Woo who are becoming increasingly known. In The Glory, Kim Gun Woo plays a supporting role named Son Myeong Oh, one of the evil characters who increases the tension in the drama.

In his last interview for The Glory, Kim Gun Woo shared the story of his career that was not smooth before starring in this phenomenal drama. Kim Gun Woo himself just made his debut in the Korean entertainment industry in 2017 by playing a role in the drama Fight for My Way. After that, Kim Gun Woo also appeared in four other different drama titles. 

But he didn't get too much attention at that time. Kim Gun Woo admitted that he owed his agency to make ends meet at that time. But unexpectedly, The Glory managed to make his life better. “I have some savings from my previous salary but I also have to borrow money from the agency to make ends meet, and provide my future income as collateral. 

But I managed to pay it back now," said Kim Gun Woo's confession as quoted from Allkpop , Tuesday March 28, 2023. Kim Gun Woo did not expect that the drama he was starring in would be as popular as it is today. It should be noted that The Glory has successfully ranked first on the Netflix Top 10 Global list. 

The Glory's popularity certainly had an impact on Kim Gun Woo. Apart from successfully paying off his debt, Kim Gun Woo also feels that his name is getting more famous after appearing on The Glory. More and more people are recognizing him and the number of Kim Gun Woo's Instagram followers is also increasing rapidly.

"There are more and more people recognizing me in public places. I was surprised to learn that people could recognize me even when I was wearing a mask. I also have a lot of followers on social media. At first I only had about 2,000 followers but now I have more than 100,000 followers . 

I'm not too excited about it, I'm not an emotional person," said the 31-year-old actor. Kim Gun Woo also did not forget to thank all the viewers who took the time to watch The Glory and said that he did not mind if many people would recognize him as Son Myeong Oh in the future.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post