Stray Kids' Bang Chan wrote an apology after giving an admission about disrespect from the new generation of K-pop idols. After the apology he issued through the Stray Kids Instagram account on Wednesday May 18, 2023, fans flocked to defend him saying that Bang Chan was innocent.

This issue started when Bang Chan conducted the live season of Chan's Room on May 14, 2023. Like previous live broadcasts, Bang Chan will discuss several matters with his fans. At that time Bang Chan talked about how the new generation of K-pop idols ignored him during an event at Music Bank Paris.

" I'm not the type to swear or anything, but I think I'm overthinking it because if you see someone walking by, you'll say 'annyeonghaseyo', " said Bang Chan in the live broadcast. Continuing, “ Then if they don't reply, you'll say, 'What is this…okay.' But it feels like it's gotten to a point where this generation is allowed to do such a thing regardless of whether it's right or not. "

In the aftermath of this statement, many people speculated about who the idol Bang Chan meant. Bang Chan himself has refused to tell who this figure is. On the other hand, the line up for Music Bank Paris 2023, which at that time appeared on the same stage with Stray Kids, included ENHYPEN, AB6IX, Mamamoo, THE BOYZ, IVE, and NMIXX.

Even though he didn't mention who the figure was, many people ended up accusing each other on social media. Until May 18, 2023, Bang Chan issued an apology for his words. The following is a message written by Bang Chan through the Stray Kids Instagram account:


“ Hello, this is Bang Chan from Stray Kids. I would like to apologize for the insult caused by my recent live broadcast comments. I think about the impact my words and behavior have on others, and have seriously reflected on it. I want to emphasize that it is not my intention to target any specific artist, and my comments have nothing to do with the currently named artist.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies to the artists who have been hurt by my careless words. I sincerely apologize. I will be more careful with what I say so this doesn't happen again. Once again, I sincerely apologize. ” Through this statement, many fans defended Bang Chan. 

" Don't apologize... you didn't say the wrong thing..., " wrote a fan. “ Apologize for talking about disrespect? You don't have to do that, ” said another fan. Some of them also supported the statements that Bang Chan had previously made. “ No, Chan... People might be offended by what you said. But it's so true. 

It's a matter of respect when you greet someone and you're just expressing your views on that, nothing more. Please don't feel sorry for telling the truth or your feelings for something, " fans defended. “ But you just said facts, just a little bit of a situation when a younger group is rude, so bruh, you said what you said, ” another fan commented.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post