The former iKON boy group member, B.I, recently officially made a comeback with his latest album titled TO DIE FOR on Thursday, June 1, 2023. Celebrating the release of his second full album, B.I held a showcase which was attended by a number of media crews at the Shinhan Play Square Live Hall area in Mapo-gu, Seoul.

On this occasion B.I revealed many things about his latest album. However, before starting the event, he officially apologized for the drug abuse case that had dragged his name several years ago. Quoting from Allkpop on Friday June 2, 2023, facing media reporters, B.I seemed nervous. This also marked his official appearance since the drug incident 4 years ago.

The former iKON member said, "I have something to say. I want to apologize for disappointing many people and causing social controversy because of my wrong choices in the past." He continued, "I have no other words but to apologize.  Not a single day has passed peacefully for me after that incident. 

I have always reflected on myself and regretted it." "I started promoting again in hopes of making up for my mistakes. I don't think self-reflecting and regret having a certain period of time. It's different for everyone. However, I will live with self-reflection and a heavy heart throughout my life," closed B.I.

Meanwhile, B.I was expelled from boy group iKON and YG Entertainment following allegations of buying and using cannabis and LSD in 2019. In September 2021, he received a four-year suspended sentence. If B.I commits a crime related to drug abuse during the probationary period, the court will charge him with a prison sentence of 3 years.

Now B.I is back to actively promoting as a solo artist by releasing his second full album titled TO DIE FOR . This album has 15 songs in it including two title tracks titled Dare to Love and Die for Love. The TO DIE FOR album will officially be released on June 1, 2023, at 18:00 KST.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post