Actor Kang Dong Won explains his criteria for choosing the project or film script in which he will star. Kang Dong Won expressed this when he was a guest star on the program " You Quiz On The Block " on Wednesday September 13, 2023. This is Kang Dong Won's first appearance on a variety show after 19 years. 

He revealed that his last appearance on a variety show was on KBS 2TV's "High Five". When the host asked where people could see it now, Kang Dong Won casually answered, “You can meet me at the theater.” Furthermore, when asked if he spends a lot of time at home, Kang Dong Won explained, “I rarely stay at home these days. 

I wander around and look for good restaurants.” Kang Dong Won then realistically conveyed his criteria for choosing a script for a drama or film project offered to him. "I look at the completeness first, whether the storyline is well structured, whether the material is fresh, and whether we can break even," said Kang Dong Won as quoted from KBIZoom on Wednesday September 13, 2023.

He added, “Because it's not my money, I feel burdened. I always thought I should at least return bank interest to those who invested in me and trusted me.” Kang Dong Won also talked about the legendary scene from the 2004 film “Romance of Their Own,” where the cast shares an umbrella. 

“When we shot that scene, we were in our twenties, the three of us. Personally, it's not my taste, so I feel embarrassed. I feel embarrassed even in the theater.” He added, “The film has been released, and the response has been good. I said to myself, 'Don't get too caught up in this. This is just a moment,'” he recalled.

Kang Dong Won made his acting debut in 2003 through the drama "Country Princess". Furthermore, in 2004, he played in his first film, "Too Beautiful to Lie". Since then, Kang Dong Won has starred in a series of popular films, including "Haunters", "Kundo: Age of the Rampant", "A Violent Prosecutor", "Golden Slumber", "Peninsula", "Broker", and many more.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post