Eric Nam recently received a lot of criticism from a number of netizens after he was caught liking sensitive posts related to the Israeli - Palestinian war which is currently stealing the world's attention. Quoting from Koreaboo on Monday October 30, 2023, via his official Twitter account, Eric Nam explained his position on this issue.

"Hello everyone, following the terrible incident on Saturday October 7, 2023, I liked a post which I thought expressed anti-violence, anti-hate and anti-intolerance," said Eric Nam. He continued, “I liked the post as a reaction after reading bad news. 

As someone who always supports humanity, peace and loves equality.” Eric Nam also gave the reason why he suddenly canceled his scheduled appearance in Malaysia, because he received threats regarding the controversy. “After that, I received threats regarding my scheduled appearance in Kuala Lumpur. 

"Because I wanted to prevent unwanted events, for the sake of my team and my fans, I made the difficult decision and canceled my appearance," explained Eric Nam. He also said that he felt sad for all Palestinians and Israelis who were victims of violence and experienced painful loss. “Nothing I say will be enough when there is so much pain and suffering. 

However, I pray every day that there will be peace and safety for everyone," concluded Eric Nam. Previously, Eric Nam became a victim of protests and received strong criticism from a number of netizens around the world after he liked a post on Instagram regarding the crisis currently being experienced by Palestinians - Israelis.

In the post that he liked, the uploader expressed his voice regarding the current crisis in Palestine and Israel. Specifically, the post calls Hamas a terrorist organization that attacks and kidnaps Israeli civilians. The uploader also asked for support from Jewish followers out there to support Israel and condemn terrorism carried out by Hamas.

After liking the post, netizens immediately concluded that Eric Nam provided support and support for the Israeli camp in this crisis situation. Not a few immediately criticized and invited other netizens to boycott Eric Nam and all content related to the solo singer.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post