Byeon Woo Seok opened up about his past trauma in a recent interview with Sports Chosun. He also revealed the starting point that allowed him to overcome this trauma. When mentioned that he showed good changes after four years since the drama 'Record of Youth', Byeon Woo Seok laughed and said, “I'm still the same. 

But it's surprising to say that I've changed.” He then continued, “Actually, I don't have any self-confidence. I experienced trauma, and even when I speak in front of a lot of people, there are times where I can't speak well because of the trauma.”

Byeon Woo Seok said, “I like photography and video, so I chose acting while thinking, 'What can I do for fun next?' But when I first started acting, I didn't know what to do or where to stand.” “I was lucky enough to be able to go on set, but I felt disadvantaged because of the parts I wasn't good at. 

So the comments I received when I did that made me feel really afraid of the camera, and I felt like I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible, which traumatized me. “I had never done anything like that before, so I had difficulty reading the dialogue and it took me a long time to get over the trauma,” he said.

The work that broke Byeon Woo Seok's trauma was the tvN drama 'Search: WWW' which aired in 2019. Although he left a short impression with his special appearance, he was able to break his own limitations in the process. Byeon Woo Seok said, “Surprisingly, 'Search: WWW' was the starting point.

When I was preparing for auditions, I felt comfortable in one-on-one situations, but it was difficult when there were a lot of people.” “But the assistant director said, 'I've never worked on a character like Han Min Gyu before' and said, 'Thank you'. 

While we were filming, director Jeong Ji Hyeon said to me, ‘I think Han Min Gyu will wear hats more often ,’ and I thought, ‘Let’s start like that ,’ and that’s what Han Min Gyu filmed.” “It was the scene in the underground parking lot where I was like, 'Please save me' . 

At that time, I was completely immersed in the character and thought, 'What is this?' And I thought, 'Is that what acting is?' ” Byeon Woo Seok also revealed that 'Lovely Runner' was a work that always made him obsessed with acting. He said, “It was the scene where I watched Park Tae Hwan play, and at that moment, I cried so hard.”

“Of course, I didn't appear in that scene because I had to stop swimming and get over it, but I was still happy with the coach, and there were ups and downs in the middle. I filmed three versions, including the feeling of coexistence, and I was totally hooked. I think I really liked the scene where I was asked 'Will I die because of you?' at the end of episode 16.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post