Korean actor Kim Woo Bin has amazed fans with his story as a cancer survivor. 2022 marks Kim Woo Bin's comeback after battling the disease. Now Kim Woo Bin has revealed how he felt when doctors told him he had six months left to live.

As is known, Kim Woo Bin was reported to have nasopharyngeal cancer in May 2017. Shin Min Ah's lover finally took a hiatus from the Korean entertainment world to focus on his treatment as a cancer survivor. He was officially declared recovered in 2019.

Recently, Kim Woo Bin recalled his successful fight against nasopharyngeal cancer. In the latest episode of comedian Shin Dong Yup's YouTube show that aired on Monday September 16, 2024, Kim Woo Bin admitted that he was devastated when he heard the doctor's diagnosis.

Kim Woo Bin's doctor did not sound optimistic about the treatment for his illness. When told by the doctor that he had six months left to live, Kim Woo Bin said the moment was like a scene from a Korean drama. "You know this hyung, but I'm an optimistic person. I try to see the positive side of everything. 

So when my doctor gave me the news like they do in Korean dramas... 'In the worst case scenario, you have about six months left.' At first I was shocked and scared. I wanted it all to be a dream. But not once did I wonder 'What if I don't get better?' Instead, I took it as an opportunity," said Kim Woo Bin.

Although initially stunned, Kim Woo Bin finally tried to take the positive side after being diagnosed by doctors with nasopharyngeal cancer. The 37-year-old actor thought that he might need to take a break from filming, reflect, and spend time with his family.

"Of course, I didn't see it as an opportunity right away. However, when I focused on treatment and recovery, I was able to change my mindset. For more than a decade since my debut, I was so busy and couldn't really rest. So, I thought maybe it was a God-given opportunity to pause, reflect, and spend time with my family."

"I spent a lot of time with the people I love. The treatment itself... Yes, it was hard but it's hard for everyone. I received a lot of support and encouragement from people because they know me. Also a lot of prayers. And I believe that's what gave me the strength to fight cancer."

Kim Woo Bin revealed that doctors were surprised to see his progress in recovering in two years. According to him, it was inseparable from the support and prayers he received. He considered it a miracle and did not stop sending prayers for cancer survivors before going to bed.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post