TXT's Yeonjun is scheduled to make his solo debut on September 19, 2024 with the release of a mini album titled " GGUM ". In a press conference session, he shared behind-the-scenes stories from filming the song's music video.

"As the song title suggests, I ended up chewing almost 50 pieces of gum," said the idol who was born on September 13, 1999. Besides that, he also easily executed other scenes, "There was a scene where I spit water, and I managed to do it in one take, which got the green light from the director," he explained.

Yeonjun was heavily involved in the production process, contributing to the concept, lyrics, and performance design, as well as infusing his personal style into the song. GGUM's title track features hip-hop music with an electro sound, where Yeonjun expresses his confidence and ambition on stage through the metaphor of chewing gum.

The chorus features the bold and simple lyrics of "chewing gum," with the vocals modulated through electronic effects to add a new twist. The choreography is interesting, mimicking the motion of chewing gum. 

Yeonjun shared, "I've been dreaming of this moment for a long time. Although there is pressure, I'm more excited to show my unique style and strengths that I couldn't fully express during team activities."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post