The South Korean boy group NCT 127 will soon be holding a concert 'Neo City: The Link' in Chicago on January 9, 2023, and one of its members , Johnny from Chicago, has finally returned to his hometown after a long time. Ahead of the concert in Chicago, Johnny recently conducted an interview with local media, Chicago Suntimes. 

On this occasion, he shared his experiences in pursuing dreams from the beginning of being a trainee until now. Quoting from the Instagram account @nct_indonesia, on Sunday January 8, 2023, Johnny grew up liking singers like Usher, and because of that he wanted to become famous. 

The mother heard of SM Entertainment's global auditions in Chicago in 2007, and asked Johnny if he wanted to give it a try. "This is a child's dream, and I know my mother knows about my dream. When there was an opportunity to audition, my mother asked me if I wanted to try it," said Johnny.

The idol who was born in 1995 continued, "Even though I was still a teenager and thought it wasn't cool, I still tried it. Just take the opportunity while there is and see what I can develop later." Johnny was in 7th grade at the time, and described his audition experience as being like auditioning for 'American Idol'. 

After passing the final stage, Johnny was recruited by SM Entertainment, and required him to attend training in South Korea, where he then met and trained with eight other NCT 127 members and debuted as a team. Not only that, Johnny also shared the difficulties he experienced when he had to become a trainee first. 

"The journey took a long time. I was very young, so they wanted to see what I was like before," said Johnny, while remembering the trainee days he did during school summer vacations. "It was summer camp. I came to Korea and learned how to sing and dance. I did it for several years," he explained. 

Johnny is known to have traveled back and forth from Chicago to South Korea when he was a trainee . And after he graduated high school, he decided to move to Seoul.That was an excerpt of an interview with Johnny NCT ​​with the Chicago Suntimes media about Johnny's struggles to become a member of NCT 127. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post