Kim Hanbin or known by the stage name B.I apologized for his drug case after four years. This is the first time B.I has apologized publicly since being caught in a drug case. Previously in 2019, B.I was in the spotlight because it was reported that he had purchased marijuana and LSD illegally. 

He bought the drugs between April and May 2016. Shortly after that, B.I announced his retirement from iKON and apologized to fans via his Instagram account @shxxbi131. Despite receiving negative results from his drug test in 2020, the iKON's B.I case continues to court. Because B.I admitted using marijuana during the investigation.

BI was eventually sued for four years in prison at the end of 2021. Which means the BTBT singer is still on probation until 2025. However, the former iKON personnel improved his image by showing seriousness in music. B.I is actively pursuing a solo career and building his own label 131.

On Thursday June 1, 2023, BI attended a press conference for the release of his album entitled To Die For. On that occasion, B.I apologized for the drug case because it was still haunted by the past. B.I showed remorse and admitted that he had not been able to forget his mistake.

"I really didn't think I would exist, or ever forget my mistake one day. I'm really sorry for letting everyone down because of the decision and judgment I made. I'm sorry for causing trouble. I feel like I haven't conveyed this properly, so I want to take this opportunity to express my sincere apologies to everyone. 

The press, the public, fans and everyone," iKON's B.I said in front of the audience present. During the press conference, B.I expressed his deep gratitude to fans who provided support to get through his case and continue making music. Especially for fans outside of South Korea who make him feel loved. 

"I want to thank them, fans outside of South Korea. I myself am most curious about how they can love me and really like me. What did I do to get that sincere love? I'm always sincere, but not sure if I convey it correctly to them . I'm still not sure why people love me, but I will try my best to return that love and find the answer, "concluded B.I.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post