Halsey recently revealed the illness she was suffering from through the latest upload on Instagram. She admitted that she was grateful because she was still alive even though she was battling lupus, or a chronic disease of the immune system that attacks her own tissues and organs.

Halsey revealed her condition after releasing the single The End and ahead of the release of her fifth album. "Long story short, I'm lucky to be alive. I also made an album," said the singer. "Starting with the single The End which is currently being released."

The upload description also includes a mention of the Lupus Research Alliance and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Halsey's organizations that distributed donations in connection with the release of the single The End.

"I felt like an old man. I told myself to give myself two more years to be sick," she continued. "I'll then experience rebirth, and I won't get sick, and I'll look really sexy and have a lot of energy and I'll be back in my 20s when I was in my 30s."

In the upload, this 29 year old musician also shared footage of him talking about her illness, undergoing treatment at the hospital, and when she was in the recording studio for her new song. The song The End is an acoustic song which was released on Tuesday June 4, 2024 with lyrics containing a touching story of Halsey's illness.

In the song, Halsey even mentions that her illness has the potential to lead to death. Previously, in 2022, this woman born in 1994 said that her body had "rebelled", or the emergence of various diseases since the birth of her son in 2021. 

This mother of one continues to actively share posts on Instagram regarding her diagnosis of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Sjogren's syndrome, mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, or commonly known as POTS.

The emerging news succeeded in making the public on social media express their concern and also pray that Halsey would recover so she could carry out her daily activities as a musician and mother of a three-year-old child.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post