Former HIGHLIGHT member Yong Junhyung finally opened his voice regarding his alleged involvement with ' Jung Joon Young's group chat room ' in the Burning Sun scandal. On Wednesday June 12, 2024, Junhyung posted on his personal Instagram @bigbadboii regarding this matter.

" At that time, I was indeed stupid and made a mistake. I couldn't correct the wrong situation, and in the midst of harsh criticism without knowing the right choice, I felt afraid and didn't want to cause harm to the company and members because of me, so I made the choice to left the group, " wrote Junhyung as quoted from Soompi on Wednesday June 12, 2024.

Furthermore, regarding the illegal video sent to Jung Joon Young's chat group, Junhyung admitted that he had clicked on the video because the thumbnail was black, so he didn't think that the content was an illegal recording. " I clicked on a video sent to my personal messenger without any explanation on a black screen, and I didn't know what it was or what it meant until I clicked on it to check it, " said Junhyung. 

He added, " 'Stop it, this is wrong'. I could have said that, but I'm not the type of person to say things like that, so I just ignored it. " Junhyung also revealed that he had never entered the group chat room, and had never been involved in the alleged incident. 

Over the years, many media and people have repeatedly mentioned that Junhyung was one of the celebrities involved in the Burning Sun case, but he firmly denied this. " I don't have the confidence to bring up the past and talk about it again, and I can't. I don't dare think that it will just go away. I spent all this time ignoring it, " he said. 

Lastly, Junhyung hopes that everyone, including his family and fans, is not hurt. He promised to reflect and self-reflect regarding the mistakes he made in the past. Meanwhile, Yong Junhyung left the group HIGHLIGHT in March 2019 after it was revealed in the media that he received an illegally recorded sex video from singer Jung Joon Young.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post