ATEEZ's San explained the controversy over alleged racial discrimination when he attended the luxury brand Dolce & Gabbana's fashion show in Milan, Italy on July 2, 2024 local time. On that day, San wore a baroque sculpture-patterned top, wide flare pants, and derby shoes, a bold yet eye-catching style reminiscent of 'armor'.

Controversy over racial discrimination arose, as a video released at the venue showed San sitting in the front row with celebrities and watching the show. But unlike the others who were watching the show in a comfortable position, San was alone without a pillow and looked uncomfortable, as if he was caught between two people. 

This surprised many people because the brand has been in controversy in the past for racism against Asians. However, on July 7, 2024, San immediately gave his explanation through a live broadcast. First, regarding the costume in question, he explained that a total of 10 costumes had been prepared, saying, “I tried them one by one and I liked them the most.”

“I think it’s worth wearing, and I think it’s cool to see fashion as modern art,” she added, adding, “I want to be known as a fashionista through challenging clothes.” Additionally, regarding allegations that his seat was cramped when watching the show, San explained that he was the one who sat like that, saying, “I have a rather large body, and the person next to me is also large, so I have no choice.”

San repeatedly said, “I felt sorry for sitting in such a cramped space, so I just leaned forward a little.” San said it was unfortunate that misunderstandings arose over the racial discrimination controversy and stressed, “I have brought back unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime, but I am telling you if there is any misunderstanding. There is absolutely no such thing (racism).

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post