Yoon Kye Sang plays Goo Sang Jun in the Netflix series ' The Frog '. His character is a motel owner set in the 2000s. Unfortunately, the motel he runs goes bankrupt after a serial killer commits murders in his motel. 

The killer had become a target for the police, and word of mouth and the media caused his motel to become unsellable. People were too afraid to stay at the site of the murder. His business went bankrupt, he then worked for very little wages, as did his wife. Unfortunately, his wife could not stand the reality that was so difficult for them. 

They were even in debt because they could not meet their daily needs. In the end, his wife chose to end her own life. Twenty years later, Goo Sang Jun is still trapped in the events that destroyed his family. He suffers from psychological disorders and does not remember that decades have passed. 

All he remembers is that his child is still in school and that he has to leave it with his brother because he is busy taking care of the case that befell his motel. To play such a heartbreaking character, Yoon Kye Sang had to portray a skinny and suffering old man. Therefore, he lost 14 kilograms in 3 weeks. 

Quoting Xport News, on Monday August 26, 2024 regarding this, Yoon Kye Sang said, " I had about 3 weeks to lose weight like crazy. It was a very difficult thing, but all I can remember is what the director said. He said, 'You look too young.' That's how I lost weight, " he said jokingly. 

He said, " I lost 14 kg in 3 weeks. There are many ways actually, I had to eat only 200 calories a day. That means one chicken breast. Because of that I am still experiencing hair loss ." His decision to lose weight so drastically was because he had to appear in 2 periods, when he was young and when he became an old man. 

Yoon Kye Sang said, " Did I lose weight for no reason? I don't think this is right. If I didn't lose weight, I think the CG team worked hard. "He then explained his character by saying, " Sang Jun is a person who stopped in that era. His wife has passed away, so what can he eat? It's the worst situation where memories come and go. 

I can't accept myself if that person is fat. But who would have thought I would look younger (after losing weight), " he complained again while creating laughter. All episodes for the Netflix series 'The Frog' are available to watch on Netflix!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post