Kim Woo Bin has just made a comeback through his latest film entitled ' Officer Black Belt '. It is a Netflix original film that will air on September 13, 2024. It tells the story of an ordinary man who turns into a martial arts officer who supervises ex-convicts who wear ankle bracelets.

In particular, Kim Woo Bin appeared as a guest on the YouTube channel 'Salty Brother Shin Dong Yeop'. Shin Dong Yeop reminisced about the past with Kim Woo Bin and said that they used to drink a lot. It is known that Kim Woo Bin was diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer in May 2017 and received treatment for five years. So Kim Woo Bin really had to change his lifestyle. 

After that, he returned to work through the drama 'Our Blues' in 2022. Kim Woo Bin said, " During the five years of treatment, I didn't drink alcohol at all. Then, I had a drink with my best friend, Zo In Sung, at a party after the first part of his comeback movie, 'Alienoid.' After that, I only drank it occasionally when I was out and about ," he said. 

On that day, Kim Woo Bin also toasted with non-alcoholic beer. Kim Woo Bin received chemotherapy and radiation treatment for nasopharyngeal cancer. When asked how he felt about it, he recalled, " I'm usually a positive person and seek strength. When I was diagnosed with only 6 months, like in a drama, I was shocked and scared. 

It was a situation I hoped was just a dream. " However, he said, “ I never thought, ‘What if I don’t overcome it?’, but I thought, ‘This is an opportunity.’ ” Kim Woo Bin revealed that he has not been able to rest for over 10 years since his debut.

So at that time he thought it was a time given to him by heaven to look back at himself and spend time with his family. " I met the people I love. Everyone has the same physical difficulties during treatment, but I received a lot of support from those closest to me and fans. I believe that strength is real ," said Kim Woo Bin.

" Thanks to this power, I was able to recover quickly from my illness . The results were very good. Even in the hospital, they were very surprised. I want to pass on the prayers I received to more people. I always pray that miracles can happen to more families, " he added.

The news about Kim Woo Bin suffering from nasopharyngeal cancer in 2017 did indeed shock many fans. The reason is, the actor had just played the character Shin Joon Young in the drama 'Uncontrollably Fond' as a man suffering from nasopharyngeal cancer.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post