Noh Sang Hyun revealed the challenges of playing a queer or sexual minority character in the film 'Love in the Big City' during a recent interview with media outlet My Daily. 'Love in the Big City' (Director Lee Eon Hee) is a film that depicts the love between Jaehee (Kim Go Eun), a free-spirited person who doesn't care about what others think, and Heungsoo (Noh Sang Hyun), who is used to keeping his distance from the world.

This film is an adaptation of the novel of the same title by Park Sang Young. In the film, Heungsoo, played by Noh Sang Hyun, is a character who hides his identity so as not to get hurt and not hurt someone who is precious to him. Noh Sang Hyun said, "The script was interesting. It was written honestly and frankly, and the realistic dialogue was interesting. 

The characters were also very interesting. I liked the story of Jaehee and Heungsoo interacting and growing, and I thought it was a work that was all in harmony." When asked if he felt pressure to act as a queer character, he said, "I don't think it would be a big deal. What's more important is understanding the character than those characteristics. " 

He continued, "Heungsoo has suppressed himself and lived through pain, frustration, isolation, shame, and bullying during his growth process. I think finding himself, loving, and growing through Jaehee will convey a good message." "I don't feel any pressure. I think it's right to do a love scene if it's necessary to express the character. I try to stay true to my role. 

I'm sure that Director Lee Eun Hee will express it very well in terms of directing." Noh Sang Hyun also met and talked to actual sexual minorities to better express Heungsoo. He said, "I tried to find out about their growth process and experiences through preliminary research and interviews with the director. Ultimately, I focused on understanding the characters as much as possible."

"Rather than asking questions, he talks a lot naturally. As a listener, I wait for them to say what they want to say. After listening, I felt that I should treat Heungsoo more sincerely." "I think I can follow Heungsoo's emotions if I express them carefully, and I think that will be conveyed to the audience." Lastly, he said, "I think that not only sexual minorities, but everyone who has secrets will feel the same way as Heungsoo."

"Everyone has secrets they don't want to tell others, like family history or childhood trauma. 'Love in the Big City' is a story about meeting a friend who understands those things and accepts them as themselves. I think it's a comprehensive story that is not limited to sexual minorities."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post