WINNER's Song Mino recently issued a handwritten apology letter regarding his violation of military service law. On October 9, 2026, Song Mino uploaded the letter via his social media, stating, "I bow my head and sincerely apologize for causing concern to many people because of me."
In his letter, he expressed regret for the delay in providing clarification, saying, “I should have explained my position earlier, but it is too late now. I apologize for making you wait so long.”
Furthermore, he expressed his guilt, saying, “Above all, I am deeply sorry for disappointing the young men who are carrying out their military duties and the fans who have cared for me more than anyone else.”
Song Mino also added, “I have been regretting every day. I feel ashamed and resentful of the irresponsible choices I made in the past,” and expressed his resolve, “I will not avoid reflecting on my foolish mistakes.”
He promised to fulfill all remaining procedures and obligations, and committed to living with a more responsible attitude. “Once again, I sincerely apologize,” he said.
Previously, on October 1, 2026, Judge Sung Joon Gyu of the Seoul Western District Court sentenced Song Mino to one year in prison with two years of probation.
He was tried for having been absent for 102 days without a valid reason while serving as a social service agent at a facility in Mapo-gu, Seoul, from March 2023 to December 2024.
In its ruling, the court emphasized, “Military service is a fundamental duty of citizens that must be carried out faithfully, and social service agents are no exception,” adding that, “Unauthorized absence for 102 days during the period of service is a serious offense.”
However, in handing down the sentence, the court took into account Song Mino's guilty plea, his expressed remorse, his ongoing psychological treatment, and his lack of a prior criminal record.
Lee, the service management official who was also on trial for assisting Song Mino in his absence, was sentenced to 10 months in prison, suspended for two years.
The court determined that Lee was involved in the absence by knowing about Song Mino's absence but processing it as if he had properly reported it.
However, Lee denied the charges, claiming, "I did not conspire with Song Mino to evade service." On October 6, 2026, it was reported that Lee filed an appeal against the first court's verdict regarding violating the military service law through his lawyer.

Post a Comment