Recently, the former leader of Wonder Girls , Sunye , made a guest appearance on Oh Eun Young's Golden Counseling Center  and expressed her thoughts about her retirement from the popular girl group from JYP Entertainment. Launching Allkpop , there Sunye revealed that she felt uncertainty after thinking about her life goals at that time. 

She explained, "When I promoted with Wonder Girls, there were a lot of question marks inside of me. I was careful about everything, and during that time, my grandfather and father both passed away, so I started to think about my life's purpose." Sunye also explained, "There was a misunderstanding that I stepped down because of my marriage and parenting. 

I thought I shouldn't hurt the other members or cause trouble, so I felt like I should officially straighten out my role."  He then said to his fans, "I want to apologize. I didn't mean to leave Wonder Girls. I'm sorry I hurt you."  While many fans supported and understood what Sunye was going through at that time, there were still a handful of netizens who criticized Sun for betraying the group. 

This prompted Sunye to post a lengthy post on her social media explaining what happened when she decided to leave Wonder Girls. According to Sunye, she had spoken to the Wonder Girls members and everyone agreed to her resignation. She wrote, "There seems to be a lot of opinion about the story behind my withdrawal from Wonder Girls that was told in 'The Golden Counseling Center.' 

So I wanted to sort things out and share my thoughts." She continued, "The concern I brought to 'The Golden Counseling Center' was about my children and not about 'Wonder Girls.' After filming, editing is out of my control. I can only watch the flow of the show after it's broadcast." Sunye elaborated, "The issue of 'Wonder Girls' is sensitive for me and the Wonder Girls members. 

There may be people who don't want to bring up what happened in the past. I want to sincerely apologize to those who were hurt by my decision." He went on to say, "There were a lot of comments asking 'why did you leave?' or saying 'that's just an excuse,' 'you're selfish etc. I think this is what I chose out of selfishness. Regarding that, I've continuously apologized to the company and the members.

But they approved of my marriage decision, that's why I live in a a debt in my heart for the rest of my life." Sunye then said, "I really don't have anything more to say to the people who keep attacking me maliciously with reckless tones and speeches. I don't know what else they want to hear."  She added, "I promised during my wedding press conference that I would not retire but would continue singing as long as I had a voice. 

Somehow, ten years had passed and I had to start singing again." Sunye also mentioned when she talked about her boyfriend on the SBS talk show 'Strong Heart.' He explained, "It's a shame to hold a press conference about it and from my point of view, I wanted to tell you guys about my marriage at least indirectly through my own mouth, not just (via) a few lines of news articles. 

But back then my weakness was communicating that way. " Then, Sunye closed her post by writing, "People who call me a traitor, are you calling me that because your life has been ruined because of me or are you suffering from a great mental shock? Then from my point of view, I can say the same about other people. -people who weren't there when the Wonder Girls came back from America."

Although it sounded like a reply to the haters, Sunye emphasized that the post was addressed to her supporters, "I'm giving this explanation to those who support me so that they don't have to spend emotional energy on something meaningless like this." That's Sunye's detailed explanation of her departure from Wonder Girls 7 years ago.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post