On July 17, 2023, NCT DREAM held a press conference ahead of the release of their third full album 'ISTJ'. During the press conference, the members discussed goals, teamwork, and the concept behind their latest album. NCT's Doyoung also served as the MC for the event.

Regarding the MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) concept of 'ISTJ', Mark explained that NCT DREAM represents the ENFP persona in the song falling in love with the ISTJ persona, who represents NCTzens. Renjun explained, “To speak more about the concept, ISTJ is the complete opposite of ENFP. 

Since they are complete opposites and so different, they wonder why they are attracted to each other and why they love each other. I think it's a really refreshing concept.” Haechan mentioned, “I recently participated in a fan sign video call, and I already knew the title of the song at the time. 

Fans told me their MBTI was ISTJ, so I gave them a little spoiler saying they would be really excited when they found out about our comeback.” When asked what goals NCT DREAM wanted to achieve for this album, Haechan shared, "I don't think that we received love because our results were good, but our results were good because we received so much love,"

On how they chose the MBTI concept for their album, Mark jokingly mentioned, “KENZIE's (composer and lyricist for ISTJ) MBTI is ISTJ, but I'm not sure if that's related. When we embraced KENZIE's idea, we all thought it was very refreshing at first."

Renjun added, “MBTI is very popular in Korea, so we want to show this fun element to people around the world.” Going further into their album's MBTI concept, Jaemin joked, "I personally don't think you should define someone by their MBTI." 

Renjun also confessed, "I've never actually taken the MBTI test, and I'm a person who doesn't like to define someone with four letters because everyone is different," About the member most interested in the MBTI, Haechan shared, “I think it's me. I have 4 MBTI, started as NFP, and now ESFP. Every time it changes, I think I can see my mindset at that time.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post