The Korean drama produced by tvN entitled " Captivating the King " has aired its final episode on Sunday March 3, 2024. This historical drama, starring Jo Jung Suk and Shin Se Kyung, achieved quite high ratings for its final episode.

Quoting from Soompi on Tuesday March 5, 2024, Nielsen Korea data shows that the final episode of "Captivating the King" scored an average national rating of 7.8 percent. This figure marks a new personal record for the drama "Captivating the King".

The drama "Captivating the King" will tell the love story of King Yi In (Jo Jung Suk), a king who has everything but feels empty and lonely, and Kang Hee Soo (Shin Se Kyung), who has a desire for revenge, but ultimately falls love for the king. After the drama ended, the cast of “Captivating the King” gave a farewell message to express their gratitude to the audience.

1. Jo Jung Suk


Jo Jung Suk, who plays King Yi In, said, "I went through four seasons while filming 'Captivating the King'. I would like to thank the hardworking staff and fellow actors who endured the cold and hot." "Collaborating with a talented director and writer was truly a pleasure. 

The ending of the last episode left the deepest impression on me. Even though the weather was very cold and the wind was strong during filming, I am grateful that the scene worked out beautifully," he continued.

2. Shin Se Kyung


Kang Hee Soo's character, actress Shin Se Kyung, expressed her gratitude by saying, “I want to express my gratitude to the viewers who have liked 'Captivating the King'. I am grateful for the time we spent, laughing and crying together.”

“The reunion scene between Kang Mong Woo and Yi In was the most memorable for me. "This is the scene for the emotional climax in episode 12, so I acted it very carefully and with great consideration," explained Shin Se Kyung.

3. Lee Shin Young


Lee Shin Young, who plays Kim Myung Ha, said, "I was very excited to play a historical genre for the first time, but I also felt nervous and had a lot of worries, thinking about how to play it."

He continued, “Whenever I felt worried, the director, senior actors, and staff were always there to help, supporting me to play Kim Myung Ha well. It is a play that I will never forget and will always be grateful for.”

4. Park Ye Young


Dong Sang Goong's actor, actress Park Ye Young, said, "It was really fun and a valuable experience to be able to work with senior actors I respect."

5. Jang Young Nam


Actress Jang Young Nam who plays the role of the Queen Dowager said, “It is a shame that 'Captivating the King', a drama that the director, staff, fellow actors made wholeheartedly over a period of one year, has ended.”

6. Lee Kyu Hoe


Playing Park Jong Hwan, actor Lee Kyu Hoe, said, “I remember starting filming when spring flowers were blooming and ending on a winter day when it was snowing. 

Every day of shooting was beautiful, and the days spent with the director and fellow actors remain etched in my memory." "When I said goodbye to 'Captivating the King', I had hope to experience days like that again in the future," continued Lee Kyu Hoe.

7. Yang Kyung Won


Yang Kyung Won, who plays Yoo Hyun Bo, expressed his relief by saying, “I am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of 'Captivating the King'.” That is the touching farewell message from the cast of the Korean drama "Captivating the King". This drama can still be watched via the Netflix streaming platform.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post