After a long absence, Jang Geun-suk recently gave some unpleasant news. Through his personal YouTube channel on Friday August 16, 2024, the star of the drama "You're Beautiful" revealed surprising facts about his health condition.

In the video, Geun-suk admitted that he was battling thyroid cancer. He has been suffering from thyroid cancer for the past year. He also just underwent surgery about two weeks ago. "It's been two weeks since my surgery," Geun-suk said. "I still can't open my mouth."

Not wanting to worry others, especially fans, Geun-suk chose to keep it a secret. However, he has now decided to share his story. "I couldn't talk about it earlier because I was worried that the news would worry many people," Geun-suk continued. 

"I was so scared for 8 days. I couldn't move my body, exercise or do anything." Thankfully, Geun-suk's condition is currently improving. This is what made Geun-suk brave enough to talk about his illness. "I had a check-up today and the results two weeks after the surgery are quite good. 

I'm glad I can finally tell you now," Geun-suk said. After hearing the news, fans immediately expressed their concerns. In response, Geun-suk's agency, CRAFT42, finally released a statement. "Actor Jang Geun-suk was diagnosed with thyroid cancer around October last year.

After consulting with medical staff, he underwent surgery in May this year after fulfilling his scheduled activities," the agency said. "The surgery was successful and his health has recovered significantly. He is currently undergoing regular checkups and doing his best to become healthy again."

"The reason Jang Geun-suk decided to talk about the surgery is because he wanted to give support and courage to people who are also going through difficult times with his positive energy," said the agency representative.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post