Actress Jenna Ortega has made a shocking revelation about her experience with artificial intelligence (AI). The 21-year-old actress revealed that she was forced to delete her Twitter account after receiving explicit AI-generated images of herself while she was underage.

In an exclusive interview on The New York Times podcast, Ortega explained that the decision was made after he received disgusting and inappropriate images circulating on the social media platform. "I hate AI. AI can be used for amazing things. 

I think I saw something the other day where they said artificial intelligence can detect breast cancer four years before it develops. That's beautiful. Keep it that way," she said. However, for Ortega, his personal experience with AI was very different. 

She expressed how the AI-modified images made him feel uncomfortable, especially because they were associated with him when he was very young. "Do I like being a 14-year-old kid and creating a Twitter account because I'm supposed to and seeing dirty edited content about myself as a kid? No. It's horrible," she admitted.

This traumatic experience is not Ortega's first on social media. He recalled the first time he opened a DM on Twitter when he was just 12 years old. "The first DM I ever opened on my own when I was 12 was an unsolicited photo of a man's genitals," the 'Wednesday' star said.

Ortega explained that from the beginning, she was directed to create an account on Twitter as part of an effort to build her image as a young celebrity. However, the number of inappropriate and manipulative images she received increased sharply. 

Jenna Ortega eventually decided to leave the platform. "I finally deleted it about two, three years ago because there were so many unreasonable pictures and photos after 'Wednesday' aired, and I was already in a state of confusion so I just deleted it," she said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post