Comedian Lee Jin Ho has publicly confessed to his involvement in illegal gambling. In a post on his social media account today, he shared, “I am writing this to confess a shameful past stemming from my poor judgment.”

Lee Jin Ho revealed that he began playing games on illegal gambling sites in 2020 after an unexpected opportunity, which ultimately led to overwhelming debt. He reflected, “After receiving stern advice from friends and fearing that I might never be able to return to the work I love, I finally came to my senses and quit gambling. 

However, by then, I had already received financial help from many people.” Currently working to repay his debts, Lee expressed his determination to take full responsibility for his actions. “I intend to repay this debt on my own until the day I die. 

While the financial loss is significant, the guilt I feel toward those who trusted me and lent me money weighs even heavier. I lived in constant fear whenever I received calls from unknown numbers, worried they were about my debts, and I dreaded the day this would become public.”

Lee also touched on his inner struggle, explaining that confessing his actions was something he believed might ease his anxiety. “I needed to work to repay my debts, but I felt that my desire to confess was just a selfish wish that kept me from doing so sooner.”

In expressing his desire to make amends, Lee Jin Ho said, “Even if I cannot serve as a positive example for others, I will work hard to ensure that I am not someone others criticize.” In closing, he asserted, “I promise to repay my remaining debts no matter what. I sincerely apologize to all those who disappointed me by causing a social scandal and being focused on hiding it. 

I will also fully cooperate with the police investigation and face the consequences of my actions.” Meanwhile, Lee Jin Ho admitted to borrowing money from various celebrities. TenAsia reported that he borrowed 100 million won ($73,603) from BTS member Jimin in 2022, claiming to be in urgent need of funds. 

Big Hit Music confirmed this, stating that Jimin had lent him the money after receiving a promissory note. Now, it’s been revealed that many other celebrities and industry professionals, such as Young Tak, Lee Soo Geun, Ha Sung Woon, and even tv network executives, have also been victims of Lee Jin Ho’s financial scams.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post