Kang Dong Won recently shared insights about his ongoing screenplay writing after establishing his own production company. Netflix Korea released a video titled “Kang Dong Won: The Famous Friend” on Tuesday, featuring him and co-star Park Jung Min as guests on the show “I Didn’t Come to Promote Uprising.”

With his chiseled features, Kang Dong Won continues the legacy of handsome industry leaders. When asked how it feels to be told he’s good-looking, he smiled and replied, “Compliments are always nice to hear.”

His co-star, Park Jeong Min, added, “I watched 1987: When the Day Comes in theaters, and there’s a scene where Kang Dong Won takes off his hood. The audience gasped—all the female viewers reacted in awe. I thought, ‘This is the Kang Dong Won effect!’” 

Kang Dong Won responded, “I intentionally made that scene fun. I wanted it to feel like an old advertisement, and I’m glad it got such a positive reaction.” Kang Dong Won elaborated on his screenplay work: “Now that I have my own production company, I collaborate with writers whenever I have an idea. 

I feel like I need to do an action movie before I get too old, so I’m writing with that in mind.” He also revealed that he penned the synopsis for the sequel to his hit film Jeon Woochi, stating, “I overthink time has passed. The story was supposed to start with capturing the remaining nine demons after the twelve zodiac signs.”

When asked if he has considered directing, Kang Dong Won chuckled, “That seems too difficult. There are so many responsibilities, and you have to manage many people. I’ve seen that side of things on set, and I don’t understand why I would want to take on that stress.”

As an Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences member, Kang Dong Won shared, “I had to receive recommendations from existing Academy members. Directors Park Chan Wook, Hirokazu Kore-eda, and actor Lee Byung Hun supported my nomination. I simply watch the films submitted to the Academy and cast my votes.”

Kang Dong Won also indicated his passion for comic books, saying, “I practically lived at the comic book store when I was younger. I believe a significant part of my imagination comes from the comics I read then. I want to try out the finishing moves I saw in those action scenes.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post