Diva with an amazing vocal range, Mariah Carey, gave a hint that she will release a new album. However, the work she presents this time will be very different. Mariah has admitted to having a 'secret grunge album' that she's kept to herself. 

According to various sources, it was recorded in 1995, the same year she made Daydream. The existence of this album was revealed by him himself in 2020. Now, four years later, she has hinted that she will release the album. "I can do it. I think this album is great. 

Okay, you're going to hear it soon, I really feel alive from this album," Mariah Carey said while guesting on the Las Culturistas podcast hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang, as quoted by NME, October 17, 2024. There is a strong reason why Mariah suddenly explored the grunge genre which was synonymous with music groups and at that time, men. 

"I was playing in the style of the bubbly, light-punk, white female singers that were popular at the time. You know the ones who seemed so free with their feelings and their image," she said. There is a side of the 55-year-old singer that has not been revealed and he wants to pour it into his own container. 

Reportedly he will release this album independently through Garage Band. “I want to be free, let loose, and express my misery—but I also want to laugh. I really look forward to my alter-ego band sessions after Daydream every night,” Mariah Carey says.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post