ITZY's Ryujin recently apologized to her fans after a controversial video showing her on-stage performance went viral on social media. In a live broadcast on July 18, 2026, Ryujin explained that she performed the performance because she felt uncomfortable in the jumpsuit she was wearing during the concert.

The viral video shows Ryujin adjusting her pants, sparking mixed reactions from netizens. She admitted to receiving a lot of criticism and speaking to those close to her about the incident. Ryujin stated that the jumpsuit she was wearing was too tight and painful, causing her to subconsciously pull it down.

In her live broadcast, Ryujin revealed, "Currently, I'm receiving a lot of messages from people around me and also being reprimanded. Regarding the moment when I put my hand down my pants, I want to apologize and explain to MIDZY." 

She also added, "I feel very disappointed in myself because of this incident, and I promise not to do something similar in the future. Although Ryujin attempted to address the controversy gracefully, many fans were disappointed that she had to apologize in a situation where she was actually the victim of sexualization. 

Some fans pointed out that the viral video had been manipulated with slow-motion effects and reversed to make the act appear inappropriate, even though it only lasted a few seconds. One fan wrote, "She's a victim of sexualization, but she's the one who has to apologize? This is so unfair. 

Why isn't she surrounded by better people who should be standing up for her?" Ryujin also revealed that she felt stressed by the situation and promised to be more careful in the future. She joked about bringing scissors to her next concert so she wouldn't be embarrassed by her small mistake.

 "I'll be more careful and won't repeat this mistake," she said. This controversy has sparked debate among fans and netizens, with many speaking out about the unfair treatment women receive in the entertainment industry compared to men. 

Fans argue that a simple act like clothing regulation shouldn't be a big deal, but in the context of women, it's often viewed negatively. As time goes by, many fans hope that this situation will serve as a lesson for all parties and encourage a change in attitudes towards the treatment received by female idols in the K-Pop industry.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post