Woo Do Hwan recently addressed the controversial ending of the Disney Plus original series, Made in Korea Season 2. In an interview following the finale's airing, the actor shared his feelings about his character and how he bonded with the project after two full seasons.

"I've become even more attached to this character as we've gone through two seasons," Woo revealed. "Unlike other projects, it's harder to completely let go of a series that's had multiple seasons. It feels like there's still life in it."

Regarding the finale, Woo Do Hwan admitted that he felt a great deal of pressure and responsibility, as Baek Ki Hyun's character's decisions were so central to the season's story. " Jung Woo Sung 's Jang Gun Young kept asking himself whose side he was going to choose," Woo explained. 

"The director also said that Ki Hyun was the most pathetic character... Everything around him was getting more and more suffocating, so I felt that Ki Hyun's choices were crucial. I couldn't approach the character casually."

Woo added that the director wanted Ki Hyun's intentions to remain elusive until the very end. "He didn't want too much hesitation to be shown, and he didn't want the audience to know which side Ki Hyun would choose."

The actor also addressed speculation about whether Ki Hyun was responsible for what happened to his older brother, Baek Ki Tae, played by Hyun Bin . “If I’m speaking from Ki Hyun’s perspective, Hwang Dae Sik threatened his family, so I think Ki Hyun felt like he had no choice but to stop his older brother,” he said. 

“The final scene was also our last day of filming, and I remember saying to Hyun Bin, ‘I don’t think Ki Hyun killed him.’” He emphasized, “I never pulled the trigger. The director also told me, ‘You didn’t shoot the scene where you pulled the trigger.’ So I don’t think I can make too big a statement about the ending.”

When asked what he would do if he were in Ki Hyun's position, Woo replied, "I would probably cry and beg my brother to stop. I would probably say, 'Don't you see what's happening to our little brother?' I would probably also say, 'I'm going to kill myself.' Ki Hyun tried to tell him to stop in a different way."

Woo further added, “I’m completely on Ki Hyun’s side. I can’t help it. I’m actually curious why people find this so hard to understand. I don’t know why this is even a question.”Made in Korea Season 2 is a noir drama that follows Baek Ki Tae on his increasingly dangerous quest for power after nine years. 

The series concluded on September 23, 2026 with the airing of Episodes 5 and 6. Woo reprises his role as Baek Ki Hyun, now a lieutenant colonel in the Defense Security Command, portraying a man torn between his family and his own beliefs.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post