Not long ago, a Twitter netizen claimed that ENHYPEN's Jake was hanging around the Itaewon area and teasing the girls there by asking for a cigarette lighter while lowering his mask so the girls would recognize him. The news immediately spread and became the public spotlight. But soon, the controversial tweet was deleted and the poster's account was suspended.

Even though fans believed that the news was a made-up rumor, the public still questioned the truth of the news because neither Jake 's side nor the agency had clarified the news. Citing a Kbizoom report, on August 27, 2022 afternoon, a fan even ventured to ask Jake about the truth of his rumors of traveling to Itaewon to seduce girls there via the Weverse platform. In response to this, the idol firmly denied that he did this, "No, I didn't do it.

I hope you believe me." The day before, on August 26, Jake also posted a lengthy post on the Weverse fan community expressing his gratitude to the fans. "While carrying out activities, I met a lot of ENGENE (enhypen's fandom name ) and was driven a lot by the support and love you gave me. I really appreciate all of you and you are so precious that I want to look into the eyes and hug every ENGENE. 

I will never be kind enough to love you back, but every day, I realize how precious you are to stay by my side. I will cherish you all my life and I sincerely promise to repay you by showing all of you that I have on stage. There are so many things in my heart that I want to tell you now, but I will continue to show my sincerity for a long time. I'm always grateful and I love you all so much, ENGENE." 

BELIFT LAB , which had previously been silent regarding the rumors that happened to Jake, also finally spoke up shortly after Jake clarified the news circulating about him. Although not specifically referring to Jake in their statement, BELIFT LAB said that all malicious posts targeting ENHYPEN members are currently under police investigation. 

They also stated that they will continue to take strict action against all forms of spreading false rumors and all cruel comments that defame ENHYPEN. Although the agency has shown their good intentions, fans are of the opinion that BELIFT LAB is very late in handling this matter because various slander and false rumors about Jake have spread everywhere during BELIFT LAB's silence.

The fans were also disappointed with the slow handling of BELIFT LAB in following up on the malicious rumors that dragged the name of the artist. They were also concerned that Jake had to step in to defend himself even though it was actually the agency's job. What do you think of Jake's personal rebuttal of the rumors that befell him? 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post