As adapted from Soompi on Wednesday September 28, 2022, right on September 27, SBS's latest Monday-Tuesday drama entitled " Cheer Up " held an online press conference with the cast. Among them are Han Ji Hyun , Bae In Hyuk, Kim Hyun Jin, Jang Gyuri, Yang Dong Geun, and producing director (PD) Han Tae Seob. 

This mystery rom-com drama tells the story of a group of college students who are wrapped in a story of passion after joining Theia, their school's cheerleading squad who fell into ruins after leaving their former glory behind. To describe what sets “Cheer Up” apart from other dramas, PD Han Tae Seob gave his opinion. “ When taking part in a cheer squad, when these students are on stage, they can connect with the audience. 

Unlike other teen dramas, we wanted to capture the emotions of teenagers as they move forward toward a single goal .” He continued, “ The power (of drama) is music and dance. The actors created the show after practicing a lot of dancing. Delivering to viewers the exact sensation one feels after hearing cheers from thousands of people is the core and charm [of the drama].” 

Meanwhile, the four main actors in this drama each play a member of Theia, with Han Ji Hyun playing the role of Do Hae Yi, Bae In Hyuk playing the role of Park Jung Woo, Kim Hyun Jin playing the role of Jin Sun Ho, and Jang Gyuri playing the role of Tae Cho Hee. Yang Dong Geun will play Bae Young Woong, a former squad member who wanders around Yeonhee University at Cheers, the pub he runs near the school. 

At that time, the actors also shared about their decision to join the drama. Han Ji Hyun revealed, “ I was surprised when I attended the meeting and did my audition. Since Do Hae Yi and I have a lot in common, I thought I just needed to show myself. I chose this project to show a bright image .” In response, Bae In Hyuk said, “ I think the topic of cheerleading is unusual. That aspect is charming. 

It was a topic that felt different from any other teen and college drama I had done before. ”“Jin Sun Ho's character has a lot in common with me. I wanted to appear because I thought there would be many aspects that I could show as this character, ” said Kim Hyun Jin. This was different from what Jang Gyuri felt. He felt that he had romanticized this kind of campus drama. “ It's refreshing and special that 'Cheer Up' covers the topic of the cheerleading squad. 


I also personally think that if I act as Tae Cho Hee, I will naturally be able to show the kind of acting that I haven't shown yet ," he explained. With a short and sweet answer, Yang Dong Geun also explained how he felt. “ I saw the title of this drama during COVID-19. After seeing the title, I thought that this is the path I should take.” Reflecting on their learning difficulties and perfecting their cheer squad choreography, Han Ji Hyun immediately chimed in with her comrades. 

“ We practiced the choreography from February this year. Real-life cheer squad members came to teach us the moves. At first, it was physically very difficult. It was difficult because I was using muscles I wasn't used to. It's hard to practice dancing for two to three hours, ” she said enthusiastically. However, the actress optimistically added, “ After continuing to do it, I adjusted. When I'm on stage, I feel really excited. Because the choreography is in sync and the music is playing, it's thrilling .”

Bae In Hyuk chimed in with his slightly different experience, revealing, “ Han Ji Hyun said she became adjusted, but no matter how much I did, I couldn't fit in. Since I was in the role of the leader, I had to prepare physically carefully. I practiced so much it got to the point where I wondered if I was acting to dance, or if I was dancing to act. Even on rest days, I always practice dancing. 

Because I have that practice, I can display a stable image .”After going through all of this together, the young players naturally became close both on screen and off. Han Ji Hyun gave the cast chemistry a score of 100 and explained, “ While practicing together, there was so much improv that wasn't in the script. That's how great and friendly our chemistry is ." Bae In Hyuk then described the drama set as a “market floor”. 

“ That's how much tension and energy we have. Even when you look from afar, you can see the passion ," he said later. From the struggles of the actors who are not easy, of course this drama is expected to run successfully as they expected. Korean Drama Lovers can immediately watch the broadcast and see the hard work of the actresses and drama actors. “Cheer Up” premieres on October 3 at 10 p.m. KST. KST.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post